I made them this morning for Sunday School since we were doing a mini-wedding shower for a couple in our class. They were quite a hit there as well.
So, I have decided to lay out for you the very intricate process of The Great Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix together: 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle Sugar on a large dinner plate.
- Roll peanut butter mixture into 1/2"- 1" size balls, then coat the balls lightly in sugar.
- Place peanut butter balls on cookie sheet 1/2"-1" apart.
- Using a fork press dough balls down lightly in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly brown.
- Allow to cool for one minute - gently flip cookies with spatula and allow to continue to cool (about 10 minutes) until firm enough to handle.
Do be sure to flip the cookie - - it really helps with the texture. I recommend serving with a glass of cold milk.