So here is my thankful list additions all related to that wonderful time of introverted recharging.
|View from a Scenic Overlook on The Old River Road|
30. Hotels. Seriously. What a fabulous idea: a clean, comfortable place to stay when there is need or desire to be away from home for a bit.
31. Whirlpool tubs. Sometimes, the ability to soak in warm water is just fabulous.
|A bit tricky to get in and out of - but so worth it!|
32. Comfy beds with lots of pillows.
33. Good Hair Day
34. Spring weather that means I can start breaking out the capris and sandals. I was probably a bit premature doing this - it was only in the 60s - but I'm so ready for spring!
35. People who preserve history. I toured one of U. S. Grant's homes. It had many original furnishings. It was a vacation home of sorts of his family's during his time in office. I love history and antiques - so I really enjoyed the chance to tour the home.
|All original furnishings. :)|
36. Cute little towns.
|Galena, Illinois as seen from the U.S. Grant home.|
37. Truly enjoying the relaxing experience of window shopping. Whole day wandering around and didn't buy a thing. Enjoyed looking. Enjoyed not depleting my bank account unnecessarily. :)
38. Museums. How fun to be able to learn and interact and expand your knowledge. :)
39. Architecture. This is a bridge spanning the Mississippi River. I enjoy the gracefulness of the evidence of human's gifts, talents, and skills as it meshes with God's creation.
|Mississippi River at Dubuque, Iowa|
40. Farmland. This heartland farmland is different for some reason than the Southern farmland I know. I can't explain it. But I was drawn to it.
41. Really good apple pie a la mode with black coffee.
42. Being totally ok with being back in the hotel by dark eating instant mac and cheese and alternately reading and watching TV. I'm so thankful that God has given me peace where I can embrace those quiet, bland, moments of life rather than wishing for false excitement that would get me into trouble. :)
43. As much as I wasn't particularly excited about it on this particular morning - I do love fog in general - being able to "drive through a cloud" - pretty cool.
44. Following up on 42 . . not feeling self-conscious at all when I answered happily, "Just went alone! No friends or family in the area!" to the polite queries of the rental car agent. I am so so thankful that God has blessed me with a mindset where I am not "embarrassed by loneliness and know it's only a place to start" (a loose quotation from the Julie Ormond version of Sabrina).
45. Being able to return to a vocation that I love - it's been non-stop busy since I returned - but at least I love it. :)