A few cups of fresh veggies (I used fresh green beans and asparagus)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup half-and-half
1 Tbs flour
salt and pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 oz pasta (I used mini bow-tie)
6-8 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into pieces
- Cook the pasta, set aside.
- Saute the veggies in the melted butter over medium heat until tender.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add half-and-half and flour, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Let it boil for a couple of minutes, remove from heat
- Stir in Parmesan cheese
- Stir in pasta and tomatoes. Serve hot.
I had some chicken in the fridge I needed to use up - so I grilled that and added it as well. It would've been totally fine without the chicken though.