Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vegetarian Weekends

I'm trying to eat more veggies and less meat. I'm nowhere near desiring a complete vegetarian lifestyle - but I want to start incorporating "vegetarian days" into my life. For practical reasons - I'm thinking of making Friday/Saturday/Sunday vegetarian days. I typically eat with the house the other days of the week. I'm not always the one cooking and I don't really see everyone else getting excited about vegetarian meals ;-).


So, I'm going to start a list of some vegetarian food that I know I enjoy or that sounds like something I'll enjoy (or at least give a chance!). This will help me with my weekend meal planning and grocery shopping as well. I'm not doing vegan - so eggs, dairy, etc are in. I'm going veg because I think I should eat more plants - not because I think it's wrong to use animals for food. Feel free to give me some your favorite veg recipes.

Here's a list of things I know I like - I'm just throwing them out as I think of them - so breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. :) Trying to think of quick and easy as well as actual meals. Yes, it's a bit of an odd combination.

Tomato Sandwiches.
Eggplant Croquettes
Ratatouille
Pasta Primavera
Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches
Onion Pie
Goat Cheese and Arugula Pizza
Omelets with various vegi-fillings
Yogurt and Granola


Once the farmers' markets start up around here in May I'm planning on heading down early in the a.m. once a week and hopefully scoring some great fresh and organic veggies.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!

    Are you able to keep your own food in the house without others bothering it?

    ReplyDelete