Thursday, April 16, 2009

adoption update

I can't believe I haven't updated regarding adoption in this long - well, I can - life has been busy!

I took my own advice though to stop trying to figure everything out now though since I know that I won't start the process for at least a couple of years. I've become more interested in doing a domestic foster-adopt - though I haven't done any research on that at all except to talk to a couple of people I know who have gone that route.

It's been a little over a year since I started researching the process. Last year at this time I was sneaking time to read The Complete Guide to International Adoption any chance I got.

I don't have much to say - since I know it's not time for me to start yet I've just kind of been saving money and dreaming and trying not to get my heart set on a country once again - I just wanted to drop in and say hello to anyone who actually reads this.

3 comments:

  1. If you have the heart to do foster care, you will be a God-send to this country! I don't think I have the courage, I fall in love too easily - having to let them go would be incredibly difficult for me.

    Our adoption, which is "legal risk" is right now unpaid foster care. We have no guarantees of keeping him - but I can't back out now, I'm too entrenched in this little guys life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My former pastor and his wife just adopted a little girl at birth a few days ago. From what I've been told (which may or may not be true) this child was adopted almost for free. As soon as the new family gets settled, I'm going to ask for specific details. I'll be sure to pass those along. The adoption took place in Atlanta.

    My heart is softening to the idea of us adopting a child. I'm not sure if that's been influenced by anyone, but I'm seriously thinking about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a foster-to-adopt is an amazing why to find a child to love and call your own. I personally would like to have one through adoption one day (although I don't what kind of adoption yet). I read somewhere you can request children that were abandoned (which sounds awful) but they have no relatives with parental rights. I know in country is much less expensive.

    ReplyDelete