Saturday, October 3, 2009
It's Pumpkin Season!
It's October - which means it's the official start of Pumpkin Season (in my mind anyway - I'm not sure if there is an official pumpkin season.)
In honor of this - I thought I'd post a few of my favorite pumpkin things (as well as a few new things that I just found for this post)
1. Dunkin Donuts pumpkin muffins. YUM.
2. My Pumpkin Bread. It's good. I'll post the recipe later as I just did a search and realized I've never posted it. I'm shocked that I haven't posted it yet- I make that non-stop in the fall.
3. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I just tried this the other day for the first time. I was a bit worried about pumpkin in liquid form - but it was good!
4. Those clear class pumpkin bowls that everyone sets out about this time and fills it with food. (We did a lot of cheeze-its in my house growing up as they are orange. And that matters to me.) Here is one here if you don't know what I'm talking about.
5. Actual pumpkins. Everywhere. They're a food. A decor item. A craft item. Really - very functional those pumpkins!
6. The color. Particularly as I've recently discover that I look pretty good in orange.
7. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Again - yum!
8. These very autumny covered pumpkin mugs from Williams Sonoma.
9.Pumpkin Pie. Traditional. Plain. With Cool Whip. The kind that has a cream cheese layer. It's all good. (And a perfect day-after-Thanksgiving breakfast food)
10. The smell - which is probably more of a smell of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves - - but to me that smell means pumpkin - and it's heavenly.
Posted by Nicole at 11:06 AM