(list so far)
11. The opportunity to take pottery classes - I've got a few pieces that I need to finish up over the next couple of weeks - but I'm going to be taking a break until at least June to free that money up to be used elsewhere. So thankful that I've been able to be creative in this way over the past 9 months though - it's been nice to be "good" at something. :)
12. Lake Michigan - I have the opportunity to drive by it on a regular basis and look forward to the weather warming up so I can enjoy time at the water this summer.
13. Re-usable shopping bags. I started using them a single person in the suburbs and loved them and now with a large family and in the city I find them invaluable. They hold so much more and make getting groceries in from the car twice as fast. (These are the ones I use for groceries: Click. ) On days I forget them I dread bringing in the groceries. I've also got a nylon one that folds up nice and small for my purse so that when I'm out it's easy to take it out and carry things in a shoulder bag if I pick up something from a store.
14. A regular place to meet with people to study the Bible. I love that I get to be a part of a Bible study where the Bible is studied without the use of another book to guide.
15. My growing respect and appreciation for tradition, history, and ritual within the church. Being afraid of it as someone passionately "sola scriptura" only gave me fear. Learning about it and embracing it has offered so much richness and depth.
16. China has opened up to single women for adoptions again. With restrictions and extra paperwork and such - but it's a step in the right direction! I don't know where my adoption time-line is at the moment with my life not conducive to having a family of my own. I still have two years before most countries (including China) would even consider me as a single - but it's always nice to hear "opening" rather than "closing" in regards to this.
17. Seasons and the coming of spring. So looking forward to the lilac trees blooming outside my home.
18.The ability to give freely - it's such a blessing when I can give from my abundance to others in need - and it's often such a simple thing that I have "more than enough" of - and I get to be blessed by giving it away.
19. Patience. I ten to actually have quite a bit- and I'm so thankful for it - it helps me keep the world in perspective and does not make me afraid to pray for more. ;)
20. Jersey sheets. Bed sheets out of t-shirt material. Someone was a genius and I'm thankful for them!