Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cranberry Bread

I found this recipe online last fall during Cranberry season. I just got around to making it though with some of the cranberries that I stored in my freezer when they were available.

Recipe:

2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 egg
3 T. melted butte
r1/2 c. orange juice
grated orange rind
2 T. hot water
1 c. raw cranberries
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Quarter cranberries. Sift together dry ingredients. Combine egg, butter, OJ, hot water and orange rind. Mix in dry ingredients and fold in cranberries (and nuts, if using). Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 325F for 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool (wrapped up) in refrigerator for 24 hours before cutting.


I doubled the recipe and I didn't have an orange rind to grind and used Orange-Pineapple juice rather than just OJ - but it turned out SO YUMMY.

Oh, and I totally ignored the "cool for 24 hours" rule and it was still GREAT!


3 comments:

  1. Heh, I can never let baking cool for as long as they say to either. I want nice warm fresh-from-the-oven bread!

    That cranberry bread looks delicious; thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how many loaves should I expect to see on my desk tomorrow??! Kidding...it does look amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM, this looks so yummy ! I bet my hubby would love this too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete